Trovi Removal from your Mac
Before you start dealing with the annoying Trovi Virus pestering your Mac gadget, you should back up all the files just in case. It is very important to get rid of this annoying virus in order not to experience any negative consequences in the future. By following clear and structured guidelines, you will clean up your Mac very quickly. If you want the procedure to be effective, it is recommended using Apple’s advanced virus deletion kit, which locates and deletes any files or objects created by Trovi on your device. It will scan and show you the places where Trovi files hide.
How to remove Trovi from Mac once and for all?
Follow the guidelines explaining how to get rid of the virus. There are a few stages to stop the running process of this annoying virus, to get rid of the virus app and to restore the settings.
Stage # 1: How to stop Trovi once and for all?
- Go to Activity Monitor by entering Applications in Utilities.
- The virus will be in the list, on the left side of it. You should click on the process.
- Press Quit Process (or the “X” button), which is located on the list of actions. This way, you will delete the virus.
Stage # 2: Removing the bad app forever.
- Open the Applications folder. Look at the available apps and locate the one that seems suspicious to you – the one you haven’t downloaded for sure.
- Send the app to the bin. Empty it afterwards.
Stage #3: How to change Safari settings and finish the removing process
- Start Safari, click on the menu and choose Preferences.
- Go to the General tab menu. Go to Homepage, type in the address of your new homepage website.
- Now, please select the Search tab. In case it doesn’t show your desired search engine, change it to the website you wish to have as a default. Now you will always see the desired homepage at the start of Safari.
Stage # 4: How to remove Trovi Virus from Chrome browser on your Mac
- Click on More, which is on the right side of the toolbar. Then, scroll down to Settings and click on this section. Also, you may type the following yourself – “chrome://settings” into the address line.
- Find the “On-startup” section and tick the box which is next to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” section. You should provide the address of the website you wish to make your homepage.
- Chrome should be restarted and after that you should check if the “Search Engine” is set as your desired website. If it’s not the case, then change it.